We didn’t do any Tot School this week because we have been on vacation, so I thought I’d give you a quick “Top 10 List” (in no particular order) of some of my favorite activity sites.
When I’m looking for something new to do I check these places first:
- Quirky Momma – A kid’s activity blog full of all sorts of ideas.
- The Crafty Crow – A craft collective full of fun ideas from around the web.
- Disney’s Family Fun Magazine – A website (and magazine) full of fun crafts.
- Pinterest – especially Deborah @ Teach Preschool, hands on we grow – Jaime and some of the collective boards like we teach: preschoolers, and we teach: toddlers. I also keep a board full of Tot School Ideas that I want to try.
- Teach Preschool – Deborah is an early education teacher who has a blog loaded with ideas that she has used in her classroom.
- Activity Mom - This site is always full quick activities that make learning fun for tots.
- Montessori at Home is an e-book ($8.95) is a fantastic book filled with Montessori activities. If you don’t want to buy the book, there are a bunch of ideas you can see for free on the sample pages.
- No Time for Flash Cards - This site has a variety of activities, but leans towards crafts.
- The weekly It’s Playtime linkup (collaboratively hosted by The Imagination Tree, Quirky Momma, Let the Children Play, Hands On: As We Grow and Messy Kids) is always loaded with tons and tons of activities from all around the blogosphere.
- If your tot is younger than 3, Carissa at 1+1+1=1 has a great page all about Tot Trays that is great for toddlers. She also hosts the original Tot School linky which is full of links to other Tot School sites.
- If your tot is a preschooler, take a look at The Preschool Corner linky at Homeschool Creations for lots of ideas from other parents.